Hemp dukkah is a fresh take on an established favourite. Dukkah is a coarse blend of nuts, spices, herbs, and seeds that’s perfect for enhancing the flavour of bread, meats, vegetables, and more. At Vasse Valley, we bring the full, delicious taste of roasted hemp seeds to dukkah, resulting in a unique product that you, your family, and your guests will love.
What You Should Know About Hemp Seed Dukkah
Whether you’ve heard of dukkah or not, this irresistible blend of herbs, spices, and nuts is growing more popular by the day. Here are a few things to know about dukkah, the up-and-coming foodie favourite.
- The name is Egyptian. The word “dukkah” comes from the Egyptian word “dakka,” which means “to crush.” That’s because many of the ingredients in dukkah are crushed and blended for an array of flavours that play together perfectly.
- Dukkah is now an international favourite. This spice blend containing seeds and toasted nuts became popular first in Australian restaurants but has now expanded to blogs, home chefs, and overseas markets.
- Our dukkah is different. At Vasse Valley, we’ve flipped the savoury spice blend on its head by using our signature Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble, a unique flavour which can be likened to the toasty notes of peanuts, hazelnuts, coffee, and more, lending this tasty superfood to a wide variety of possible uses.
Creative Ways to Use Hemp Dukkah in Australia
Dukkah is a versatile condiment with many possible uses. When you buy hemp dukkah online, try enjoying it in one of these delicious ways.
- Fold it into your favourite dip or hummus. Try gently folding your dukkah into a mild hummus or dip and serving it with fresh, cut-up vegetables.
- Use it to flavour flatbread. Brush your flatbread with a little olive oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Then, bake it in the oven until aromatic and crispy.
- Start your day out right. Dukkah makes a delicious seasoning for fried or scrambled eggs – simply sprinkle it right on top before you dig in.
- Toss it with your favourite veggies. Mix any vegetables you like with olive oil and dukkah before roasting for a fragrant, flavourful, and healthy treat.
- Whisk it into a salad dressing. Add dukkah to homemade or packed salad dressing or mayonnaise for a new twist on a familiar food.
- Add it to pasta. Stir your dukkah into pasta or other whole grains for an easy lunch or dinner that tastes like it took hours.
About Vasse Valley
No matter how you use your dukkah, great taste starts with quality ingredients. That’s what you’ll get when you order from Vasse Valley. We have roasted hemp dukkah for sale featuring our Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble for a nutty flavour with a subtle kick. Our dukkah, like all our products, is free from preservatives, gluten, and added sugar; it’s also vegan-friendly and rich in protein, healthy fats, and fibre. We offer a range of hemp products that use the whole hemp seed for the full nutritional benefits. Feel free to contact us today for more information.