Hemp foods are a new food trend that many Australians are joining. At Vasse Valley, we grow quality hemp plants and harvest all our seeds. As an Australian owned and operated business, we keep our sources local and shipping fast. Our variety of hemp foods for sale makes it easier to find the perfect ingredient for your next recipe.
Benefits of Buying Hemp Foods Online
Instead of going out of your way to wander the insufficient health food aisle at your local grocery store, browse our online selection and order from the comfort of home.
- Great substitute: Hemp seeds are excellent for anyone with dietary restrictions, and can be utilised to create hemp milk, a vegan dairy alternative. The seeds also have the added benefit of being gluten-free, and individuals with celiac disease or other gluten sensitivities can eat them without concern.
- High in protein, healthy fats and fibre: The hemp seed is almost 25% protein, which is on par with the protein content of beef. The high protein level makes it an excellent substitute for those seeking a quality protein replacement in their diet. Hemp seeds also contain the ideal ratio of healthy polyunsaturated fats such as omega 3, 6 and 9. Plus, if you use the whole seed which still contains the seed hull, you get a huge hit of dietary fibre, which is necessary for healthy digestion.
- Easy browsing and fast delivery: Technology enables a swift and direct redistribution of resources. With our online store, you can choose to order your cart directly online, or look up a stockist near you. For Australian orders, we now offer free shipping for all cart values above $50.
Common Mistakes People Make With Hemp Food Products
Do your research and acquire all the nutrients you can from hemp foods in Australia.
- Trying to use hemp oil for frying: It’s important to avoid using it for frying as it has a low smoke point and will evaporate when exposed to hot temperatures. Instead, hemp oil is best used as a topping oil or mixed into cold dishes. Some suitable applications would be homemade salad dressings, shakes, or pasta sauces.
- Sticking with the basics: Introducing a new ingredient into your meal routine can take some time to apply to its fullest extent, but don’t be concerned. We have a variety of recipes available for you to browse through and test. To make things easier, we even sorted them into different sections, depending on which of our products the recipe requires.
- Not making hemp milk: One of the easiest ways to get the full nutrient content of hemp seeds is by creating your own milk at home. The nutty flavour of hemp milk makes it a perfect addition for lattés and smoothies while adding a great source of natural protein.
Why You Should Choose Vasse Valley
Since 2015 Vasse Valley has been growing hemp and providing quality use of the plant. We formed the first hemp co-operative in 2017 when we joined forces with other hemp farmers to start HempGro and give hemp farmers a voice and power in numbers. To increase availability, we partner with over 70 stockists to bring your hemp ingredients even closer to you. Browse our products or contact us with any questions you may have.