At Vasse Valley, we are passionate about sustainable food sources that nurture both the human population and the environment as a whole, and that is why we are happy to offer Hemp Hearts. Our hemp hearts are raw hulled hemp seeds, the most nutritious and tender part of the seed with a mild nutty flavour, very similar to pine nuts and sunflower seeds. Packed with protein and nutrients, they are a great addition to a healthy diet and an entirely sustainable food source.
Benefits of Hemp Hearts Online From Vasse Valley
If you are interested in adding such a tasty and nutritious food as hemp hearts to your diet, you should know that the benefits extend beyond the nutritional. Hemp is a sustainable crop, something that has become more and more important as we consider the environmental effects of our actions. Here are a few of the benefits of sourcing your hemp hearts in Australia from us:
- We are the hemp farmers, producing our crop in the beautiful Margaret River wine region. Beyond the benefit of supporting an Australian farm and keeping your dollars local, shipping from an Australian source instead of an international one comes with a much smaller environmental impact.
- Our hemp is a non-GMO plant and grown without the use of chemicals or pesticides.
- While the seeds of the hemp plant are the most nutritious, the other parts of the plant have many uses, and we let none of it go to waste.
The Importance of Raw Hemp Hearts
Hemp is one of the world’s oldest crops, grown mostly for its durable fibres; it has over 25,000 different uses from paper to medicine and even biofuels. The hemp seeds, and especially the tender hearts within, are bursting with protein and other necessary nutrients. It can become an essential part of your diet for the following reasons:
- Hemp hearts contain all the essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. As a complete protein, it can help vegans and vegetarians ensure that they get enough and the right kind of this vital nutrient.
- Beyond their high protein content, hemp hearts are packed with vitamins and minerals. It is an excellent source of vitamin E, potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and more as well as being high in fibre.
- With their mildly nutty taste, you can add them to a variety of different dishes. Add them to your yogurt or smoothie to get your morning going right; they can be a great topping for salads or use them in the place of pine nuts in pesto. You can even make your own non-dairy milk from them.
Why You Should Buy From Vasse Valley
As an Australian owned and operated business, we aim to provide our customers with a unique, healthy, and home-grown product to keep you healthy and in the knowledge that you are supporting local farmers and businesses. We focused on hemp due to the plant’s versatility and sustainability without chemicals or other contaminants. If you are interested in adding this fantastic and tasty protein to your diet, contact us today to learn more about our hemp hearts for sale.