Chocolate Marquise is a dessert worthy of royalty. It combines the richness of ganache with the velvety smoothness of mousse and, as if that wasn’t enough decadence, it adds the melty coldness of ice cream. Drooling yet?
Chef Vicky Austin has provided this drool-worthy recipe, incorporating Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble for a bit of crunch and a twist on the traditional flavour.
- 188g butter in cubes
- 215g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 70ml warm water
- 100g sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 40g cocoa
- 260g whipped cream
- 3 tsp Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
- Lightly grease an 8cm x 22cm (1-litre capacity) terrine or loaf tin. Line with plastic wrap, leaving the excess to hang over the sides.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn’t touch the water). Add chocolate and whisk for 5-6 minutes until melted. Add butter one piece at a time, whisking between each addition until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool 30 min.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix the cocoa with the water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the chocolate mix to the paste and then gently fold in the egg mix followed by the cream and hemp seed crumble.
- Pour into a terrine, fold over plastic wrap to cover, then refrigerate overnight.
This recipe is brought to you by Vicky Austin - Sous-chef at Basalt Restaurant, Bunbury, Western Australia